I am leaving on a jetplane!



Salut,

Later today I will update you with another baking recipe. I have some banana loaf in the oven. It smells like coconut flakes, butter, and chocolate out of the oven - delicious and mouth watering!

But before we start with food, I would like to upload this travel guide for Los Angeles, California.

Right now, my sister is heading to Long Beach for a semester aborad. She will stay there for 6 months and as I have spent my semester in San Diego, I promised her to give her my favorite tipps about the region. I have already posted some of the things, but today I will just give you another, more detailed guide to the sunshine state.

First of all, start your day with a great breakfast. In Los Angeles, I can recommend the area around the Dudger Stadium. I went there for the color run and have to admit that it does not look that nice at a first glance, but they actually have some very cute cafés there.

Next, drive to Melrose Avenue. Walk down the street to have a look at the unique and funky stores. Then head to Melrose Trading Post at Fairfox Highschool. $5 entrance fee are definitely worth the cost. I think this is one of the best markets (there are a lot of vendors, too, so it is not all second hand) that I have ever been to. Beautiful jewelery, vintage clothing, and delicious food make your Sunday afternoon fabulous.

Melrose Trading Post
7850 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90046


If you did not get to eat at the market, then head to Lemonade. This little café offers healthy salads, sandwiches, homemade lemonade, and delicious cookies and cakes. I would save some room for cupcakes or ice cream, though. The best ice cream is available at Sprinkles on a side road of the Rodeo Drive. Fun Fact: They even have a cupcake ATM. Why get cash, if you can get cupcakes instead? But also don't forget their ice cream. I recommend getting ice cream and take the cupcakes to go. In case you get hungry, again. So, grap some salty caramel scoops and walk down Rodeo Drive looking for the scenery of Pretty Women and some window shopping.


Lemonade
9001 Beverly Boulevard
At Beverly And Almont
West Hollywood, CA 90048


Sprinkles
9635 Santa Monica Blvd
Beverly Hills


After all the food, you will be wanting to walk some of the extra calories off - Yes, I am very positive! What is a better way of burning some fat and seeing parts of the city than going for a little hike? Park your car on the hill and walk up to the Griffith Observatory. You will see many locals wearing sports clothes and actually walking up that hill as work out. Don't be afraid - it is worth the view. From the platform of the Griffith Observatory you do not only get to observe the Hollywood Sign, you also see the beautiful L.A. skyline and if you come late enough, you may also see a beautiful sunset over the city. I can also recommend to actually go inside of the Obersatory. It is a nice exhibition.

Griffith Observatory
2800 E Observatory Rd
Los Angeles
CA 90027




Other things that should be done in L.A. are a visit to the Walk of Fame, Universal Studios, Kodak Theatre, driving through Beverly Hills hunting for some celebrities. If you have enough time, go for another shopping tour at The Grove. Stop by at the Cheesecake Factory and get some Honey Mustard Salmon or Spicy Crispy Chicken Burger. After that, enjoy some Reese's Cup Cheesecake for desert. Every Saturday, there is a wonderful farmer's market at the Grove. This is a great opportunity to shop for some fresh groceries.

As you can read, this guide is pretty much focused on food, too. I am sorry about that. If you want to burn some calories, go for a run at Venice Beach. Again, this is a lovely spot to watch the sunrise or the sunset. I can also recommend driving up the Highway Nr. 1 to Malibu. The scenery is just beautiful and it gives you a hint of what it feels like driving up the entire way to San Francsico.





Beliebte Posts